13 January 2010

Wedding Motif and Colors

Weddings are like movies. It has a plot, a climax, a setting and of course characters. Just like any other movie, weddings should have a central theme and mood. Everything in wedding should be in accordance to the couple's chosen theme and mood.

Themes can either be based on the couple's favorite movie (Star Wars, Moulin Rouge etc), or the couple's favorite time era or season (Elizabethan, 50's, Fall, Summer). Themes can also be based on specific brands, plants, or shapes.

For our wedding, we agreed that our central theme will revolve around my all time favorite shape, STAR! Ever since I was in college, I love and adore the shape of the star. I remember putting stars in all of my test papers and notes. So, what better way to feed this obsession is to make it our wedding theme. But that's not all. I am also thinking of incorporating musical notes and cameras to represent Doms' love for music and photography. I still don't know how this will be done but I'm sure, Doms can think of a way to put these images in our STDs.















The best way to bring out the mood of the wedding day is through the chosen wedding colors of the couple. for our wedding, we agreed on this color combination: Pink, Tangerine and Lemon. I already consulted Concha Espana, our chosen gown maker, about the fabric colors for my entourage gowns. She said our colors are so refreshing and that Chiffon has those colors that I like, sweet!








































Now, I need suggestions on decorations for our wedding reception venue. I was thinking of having the round paper lamps that I see in most weddings. I will just add stars int he paper lamp. Hmmmm...

3 comments:

  1. i'm a w@w lurker =) nice nice, ganda sa mata

    ReplyDelete
  2. FRESH..,VERY POSITIVE...,ENTICING..LOVE IT...best wishes..

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice color combinations

    ReplyDelete