08 January 2010

Wedding Songs

I can recall it clearly. I was in my 1st year high school and one of my classmates asked me to listen to the song "I'm Just A Girl" by No Doubt and it happened. I felt like the song was made specially for me. It's like, every word describes what I was feeling at time. From then on, I have a soft spot for songs and their meanings and how it relates to me and to what I am feeling.

As I grew, and hopefully matured, I tend to judge songs not only with the nice beat it produces but also how that particular song relates to me. There are instances where "Poker Face" (Acoustic Version) by Lady Gaga was playing on a loop in my iPod because apparently, I'm in the midst of anger inside me but I'm still showing a happy aura at that time. And there was a time when "Superhuman" by Chris Brown and Keri Hilson was also in an "indefinite loop" because at that time, I was here in Singapore already and Doms was still in Manila and the only thing that's getting me to survive here in SG alone is the idea the Doms will be coming. Or the time that the soundtrack of my train journey from work to home was "Smash Into You" by Beyonce because I'm excited to be with already. These examples might not mean anything to you but for me, those mentioned are just some of my fave songs of all time.

Now, since our wedding is fast approaching, I tend to listen to love songs most of the time. The reason: I want to be in the "kilig" zone always. Period. also, I'm in a search for songs for the follwoing parts of my wedding:

  • Church Bridal March (Of course, my entrance)
  • Couple Reception Entrance
  • On-site Video presentation to be shown in the reception
  • Wedding DVD and Video
I've got a full list of different love songs that I want for the instances above but I also made my short list. Here are they.

  1. Kailangan Kita sung by San Miguel PhilHarmonic Orchestra. Ever since I saw the movie, I've always made a mental note that when my wedding comes, this song will be my bridal march. I was totally inspired more when I heard the version by the PhilHarmonic Orchestra. Every part of the lyrics is what my heart is saying to Doms. And as I walk to the altar towards him, I want this song to be my background.
    Minsan lang ako nakadama ng ganito. Pag-ibig na wagas at sadyang totoo. Nananabik itong aking puso. Kailangan kita, ngayon at kailanman. Kailangang mong malaman na ikaw lamang. Ang tangi kong minamahal. At tangi kong hiling ay makapiling ka lagi.
  2. No Air sung by Boyce Avenue. I've been wanting this song to be the background song if ever Doms and I will have an AVP of some of pictures together and our pre-nup picture. The Boyce Avenue version is slow and the piano instrument makes more of a love song. The intro of the song makes me feel like crying already and the emotion of the singer is so real that I feel what he is saying.
    So how do you expect me, To live alone with just me. Cause my world revolves around you. It's so hard for me to breathe.
  3. What'll She Look Like sung by Stephen Speaks. This song was introduced to me by Ronnie, my former officemate from eNETS. He asked me to listen to this song and I immediately fell in love with the song. I want this song for the On-site video presentation of the preps and the ceremony.
    What'll she look like when she opens her eyes and sees what she wnats to see, instead of this cold mirror's lies and all the pieces complete she says with a sign "I think I'm ready..."
  4. Kahit Pa by Hale. All right, all right. Hale is so emo and so 2007 but, I like their song Kahit Pa. It's a very upbeat love song. My wedding is morning wedding that's why I want an upbeat song so that people will will pay attention to the video. I particularly like this also for the On-site video presentation. So, I have to choose between 2 songs.
    Dahil kailangan ka. Kailangang pakita natin tayo'y iba. At kahit pa, Hindi papipigil sa mundo. At sa umagang darating. Lahat ay aking kakayanin. Basta't ikaw at ikaw pa rin. At kahit pa ikaw lang at ako..
So, there you have it. Some songs that I want to be sung in crucial parts of our wedding. I know that some of these will change, or even all because it depends on the string quartet that we will get. But as of the moment, this is what I want.

* I will be linking videos of the songs that I want tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment