30 April 2010

This Pink Was Chosen!

I was emailing with Chrissy, our event and banquet coordinator for Hizon's catering the other day. I was asking about the specifics of our wedding reception. Like, what type of linens and table of cloth do they use or what colors of linens do they have.

I initially wanted our reception to be all white! White table cloths, white linen accompanied by white calla lilies. Then to break the monotony, I will just add pink and purple cupcakes from Ate Lala and Ate Jiji in the center of each table or where the napkins will be placed.

I was so resigned with this idea... and then it hit me. Why do I really like all white? So I thinked hard for the reason why I wanted white, and here are some of them:
  • because I didn't want to have other colors to clash with the dresses of my entourage
  • because I don't know what type of cloth Hizon's use for the linens
  • because I'm afraid the reception will look like a debutant's ball
  • because, because, because
So, I really pressed Chrissy and asked her to give me a sample of pink linen that they use in receptions. Low and behold, she sent me pictures of what it will look like and I instantly fell in love with the idea and the color and the cloth!!!


The type of linen they use is organza. I love the way this pink appeared even in picture! Even how the way the ribbon was tied was nice! I fell in love with the idea and I immediately said to Chrissy that this was the color pink to use.

I will not clash with my entourage gowns because their type of pink is lighter that this one. Also, this will give the tables life! then, our white calla lilies will be more seen with this color.

I'm so excited to see the actual linen during our next Philippines vacation in July or August!

No comments:

Post a Comment