31 January 2011

Passport Amendment Process (Singapore)

Yesterday, Doms and I had to get up early. Why? I need to amend my green passport and at the same time, renew it. I also need to get a pair of Overseas Employment Certificate or OEC, because I will be having a short Manila trip again this weekend to visit my dentist. It was a Sunday so most of the Pinoys here in SG will also do the same thing.

We arrived at the Philippine Embassy in Singapore 15 minutes before it's actual opening time. I was so surprised becasue my queue number is 147 already and the cut-off was 150. Can you believe it?!?! 146 people came in earlier than us?!?!

Anyway, Passport Amendment and Pass Renewal has the same queue number. All the while I thought amendment and renewal are the same. I was wrong.

I need to amend my green paspport first, then that's only time that I can renew it.

Processing fee for amending my passport is 34SGD and passport renewal costs 102SGD.

I will be getting my amended passport tomorrow and that's the only time I can apply for my renewal. I hope everything goes well with the renewal process.


Claim Stub for my Passport. See how my name is changed already?

Requirements Needed for Philippine Passport Amendment (Singapore)

  1. Personal appearance of the applicant.
  2. Duly accomplished amendment form.
  3. Original and 1 photocopy of Passport Particulars of the applicant and the husband/wife of the applicant.
  4. Marriage Certificate from NSO that is duly authenticated by the DFA.
  5. Processing Fee of 34SGD.
  6. Original and 1 photocopy of IC.

Summary of Philippine Passport Amendment Process (Singapore)

  1. Go to the Philippine Embassy in Singapore located at the far flung area of Nassim Road. Be sure to be there early.
  2. At the main entrance, register your particulars in the log book and get a queue number.
  3. Go to Window 1 to get the "actual" queue number. Cut off number is 150.
  4. Wait your number to called either in window 8 or 9. We waited for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes for the number to be called.
  5. Once called, present the requirements mentioned above. Be sure that you get you claim stub.
  6. Pay for the amendment fee at Window 6.
  7. Be at the embassy to claim your passport in the time and date specified in the claim stub.

No comments:

Post a Comment