27 January 2010

Of Gowns and Colors

One of the reasons why Doms and I went to Manila was to finalise with our chosen wedding gown maker the wedding gowns of the bride, that's me, and the members of the entourage.

I was looking through almost 100++ wedding gown designers and I was so stressed to decide. So, when I learned that there is a wedding gown designer near our place. I searched for her and checked out her works. When me and my mom were satisfied with her past works, I decided to meet with her last December.

Concha Espana is a smiling person type of girl. She loves smiling and talking with clients. She lives 10 minutes drive away from us. I showed her the designs that liked and she was very honest enough to say if that type of design looks good or bad on me.

My mom instantly liked her. That's why during our short Manila visit, I finalised with her the designs and gave my DP already.

We spent 3 hours designing the gowns of my entourage including me. I like the way she handles me. What she did was ask me what design I have. Then, she will ask me the body type of that particular entourage member. If she thinks that the design will suit the body type, she will agree ut if she thinks that the design is not good, she will suggest revisions on the gown.

The final fabric used for the MOH, MOB, MOG, BMs, SSs and FG is Chiffon. I like the way chiffon looks like and the way it flows. Our wedding is a morning wedding that's why flowing fabrics and light colors are best.

Unlike my first visit last December, Concha was sketching when we were talking. She was suggesting added designs specially for the MOB, MOH and MOG. She will send me her final sketches for the gowns and I will definitely post it here. I really like Concha and I hope that everything goes well with her. She took my measurements already and by my next Manila visit in March, I will have my first fitting already! I am really really excited! What made me more excited is the type of fabric that will be used for gown. She will use MIKADO SILK!!! My dream wedding gown fabric!!! I will have the same gown fabric as the gowns seen in the Pronovias site!!! Like the wedding gown of Judy Ann and Claudine!!! I feel like floating now... I got a big smile plastered in my face after everything was done. Plus, Concha gave me a wonderful freebie. Instead of the usual 3-yards veil that she includes in the package, she upgraded me to 10 YDS with beading and canope design on the edge of the veil. How cool is that??!?! I am really, really happy that we got her.

With this finalisation, our wedding motif color was changed. But I believe it was for the better. It was switched back to Lavender and Pink. I love the way both colors match!!! So, to my Ninangs, here is my final wedding color motif.


















No comments:

Post a Comment