27 January 2010

Vignetting the Weddings and Beyond Bridal Fair

Our plane landed exactly 9:55am at NAIA. Our flight from Singapore to Manila was OK but Doms and I were both tired because we left bound for Changi Airport at 4:00am. The 3 hours flight was exciting because we were talking mostly about the upcoming events for our short Manila visit. Every minute of our day were planned and scheduled. So, when we saw my mom and dad from the arrivals section of NAIA, we all know what our next activities.

From NAIA, we went straight to Market, Market where I satisfied my Inengs BBQ craving. My brother LA came and we were all talking excitedly about our wedding and the other coming activities. After the hearty lunch, we went to the Weddings and Beyond Bridal Fair in NBC Tent, The Fort. It was our first time to attend a bridal fair and I was so overwhelmed and excited! The reason why we wattended this bridal fair was to search for our Photo and Video Supplier.

The event venue was great! A lot of wedding suppliers were present and I was so happy talking to them and telling them about our wedding and all the other details. Me and Doms and my Mom, Dad and Brother all had name tags and they look happy too. My mom's goal was to search for a gown design that she likes in the sample wedding albums. My dad's assigment on the other hand was to secure our peso. Doms and I have a savings account in Manila where we send almost all our salaries for the wedding! My Dad has the task to take care of that account. My Brother was there to get his luck on the food tasting areas of the caterers!

Doms and I were focused on the goal of looking at the sample album and shots of our top 3 P/V suppliers. I can see that Doms was walking and walking looking intently on the albums of the 3 suppliers that we like. Good thing, the booths of those 3 suppliers were in one row so he was able to look at the shots more and compare them to the other.

Doms has a different way of determining our P/V supplier. As most of you know, Doms is an Art Director and Photgrapher for a Car and Gadget Magazine here in Singapore. He shoots moving cars, models holding gadgets and landscape and he is great at it! He is not a fan of photographers who does post-processing (or Adobe Photoshop-ing) pictures. For him, a good photographer knows how to set his camera settings and capture the right moment, just like what he does. This posed as a problem for me because I am the one budgetting our wedding and his top choices were so expensive, as in so expensive! But, I just told myself that it will be too hard for Doms if his, a professional photographer, weddings pictures are ugly and not worth it. So, I just left that part to him.

Going back to the wedding fair, we were inquiring on one of our top p/v suppliers. I was looking through the albums and the layouts. I was asking the lady what are the discounts and freebies and she was happily answering my questions. Then Doms asked her, "what if we get the owner as the photographer?". The lady looked at a man at the side of the booth. From that moment, I realized that the man standing at the side of the booth was none other than Mr. Danny Ignacio. Doms immediately walked towards Danny Ignacio and talked to him. They were discussing about photography and the different packages. I know from there that Doms was satisfied with this supplier already. I was asking the differences of the packages and what freebies she can give me. I soo want an onsite video presentation and she gave me a scheme with this. We told them that we will just look around first then we will come back. After a few minutes, Doms said that he wanted Vignette already for our Wedding Photo and Video. So, we gave the DP already. I was soo happy and I can see also that Doms got what he wanted.

While we were paying the dp, I saw Doms walk away. I didn't know where he went. After all the payment was done, I learned that Doms went and talked to my dad. On the hall of the wedding fair, I saw my dad and he just said to my mom, "hinihingi na ni Doms si Dindin". Then, I saw my dad crying. I started to cry too! And my mom was crying also! We were there, in the middle of the entrance hall of the wedding fair, crying! Can you believe it? But, the moment was priceless! I could not describe what I am feeling! I feel happy that the person that I love soo much asked me to marry him and I am also happy that my dad said "yes" and allowed me to get married. I will get married first before my sister and I am the first "apo" of my lola to get married that's why I know that our wedding will be a big deal.

I am so happy that were able to get our p/v supplier already! at least, this is an accomplishment for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment