06 January 2010

Pamamanhikan and Other Wedding Tasks

This coming January 23 to 26, 2010 will be me and Doms' first trip going back to Manila together. After more than a year, Doms and I will be together again in Manila. It kinda brings back all the memories that we have just going to malls like Gateway and Trinoma and watching movies and eating. Well the reason why we are going to Manila is because Doms and the whole of the Valentin family will do the traditional "Pamamanhikan" to my family.

"Pamamanhikan" is a Filipino tradition where the man and his parents visit the woman's family and ask for her parents blessings to marry their daughter. During pamamanhikan, the man and his parents bring p"pasalubong" or gifts. This is also the time when the wedding date is formally set and the couple is formally engaged.



This idea thrills me!!! I have been to my Tito Chito and Tito Freddie's (where we all travelled to Batangkawa, Pangasinan) pamamanhikan before and it excites me knowing that it's my time now!!! Now, Doms and I are planning how many guests will there be all in all and what food items will they bring for the pamamanhikan.

When Doms and I first talked about pamamanhikan, all he said he is not familiar with this and that this is his first time doing this tradition. Of course this is your first time!!! First and last time to be exact!!!

We already brought a new polo shirt for his dad and of course for Doms. Now, it's my turn to buy my dress for this occassaion.

So aside from the pamamanhikan, Doms and I will be going to the Weddings and Beyond Bridal Fair in NBC Tent, The Fort. Our goal is to find a photo and video supplier that Doms deems to be up to the caliber and quality that he likes. Also, I hope we can scout for OTD wedding coordinators, florist and event stylist.

Next on our list is to finalize our contract with our chosen gown designer and maker, Concha Espana. I've initially talked to Concha already during my December Manila visit. She gave me suggestions already and she gave me a quotation. I like her suggestions that's why we are seriously considering her to make my gown. So, this Janaury, I will finalize with her the designs that I choose for the MOG, MOB, MOH, BMs and SSs.

That's it!!! I hope that our short vacation this Janaury to the Philipiines will bring good to our wedding planning. I am confident that we can manage all the following tasks above. We also have other plans to do while there like, meeting Doms friends in 4 x Force, doing grocery shopping and all other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment