05 January 2010

Seriously Speaking: DIET!!!

OK, I really need to diet!

I want to be beautiful, healthy and sexy during my wedding. I have the advantage because my wedding is still one year from now. So, I better start dieting.

I was searching the net with some tips on how to diet. It all boils down to 2 main things: Eating the right food and Exercising. Sounds simple? Not really!

I am a type of person who likes trying different types of food. Considering that we are in a foreign country, tasting and seeing food prepared in a different way stimulates our appetite. So, avoiding the Roast Chicken Rice and the Minced Meat Noodles is really hard. So, I believe I also need the will power and the determination to do this.

Below are some tips that I found that I think I can do for my dieting:

  1. Drink plenty of water. I have my trusty Nike water bottle from Doms and I will make sure that I drink at least 4 servings of water in that bottle. Adding it up will be around 2 litres of water. This is just from the time I am in the office. When I arrive home, I need to drink 1 litre more.
  2. Eat 5 to 9 servings of fruit and veggies per day. OK this is kinda hard. First, because I am not a veggie eater and second, fruit and veggies are expensive here in SG. OK, OK but I wills till try.
  3. Think before eating. Always consider before eating if you are really hungry or not. Craving is different from hunger so, I better interpret the signs properly. I have to remember that my stomach is just the size of my fist. When I feel hungry, I can eat small meals like half bread or light crackers.
  4. Enjoy favorite food ins moderation. I couldn't agree more. At elast, I can still eat my fave food but it has to be in moderation.
  5. Eat several mini meals per day. In connection with number 5, when I feel hungry I need to snack on any food as long as it is in moderation.
  6. Eat protein. I need to include yogurt, cheese and nuts in my meals.
  7. Be physically active. OK now I know that I need to walk going to and from the MRT station. Also, I need to continue doing my sit-ups and go to the gym every weekends.
I really hope that I can follow all of these steps or tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment