25 February 2010

Barongs, Barongs, Barongs

OK, ever since we started planning our wedding, we wanted to have a morning wedding. Not only are reception venues cheaper for morning events but also, we like that towards the night, everything is done and finished already.

So, morning weddings have an equivalent when it comes type of fabric and style as well as color are the concerns. For my bridal gown, I made sure that the color of my gown is not to bright. I choose Cream for the Mikado fabric of my gown.

For Doms' barong, I am very happy to have a great find shared by one of our Ninangs. The Onesimus Factory Outlet is located at Cordillera Corner Arayat Street Barangay Malamig, Mandaluyong. If everything goes well, we will go to this factory outlet in April and check out the barongs for Doms, his dad, my dad and L.A.

So, what is a Barong?

The Barong tagalog or simply Barong is an embroidered formal garment from the Philippines. It is very lightweight and worn untucked (similar to a coat/dress shirt), over an undershirt. It is a common wedding and formal attire for Filipino men as well as women. (From Wikipedia)

I really hope that we can have the time and oppurtunity to check out the Onesimus outlet. Here are some of their barongs that I like:





Correction, there are 2 factory outlets for Onesimus. Here are their addresses:

Onesimus Factory Outlet (along Edsa)
2nd Flr, Paragon Plaza Bldg. EDSA cor. Reliance St.
Barangay Ilaya, Mandaluyong City
tel.no: 5713528

Onesimus Factory Outlet and warehouse
592 Cordillera Street, Barangay Malamig,
Boni Ave. Mandaluyong City
tel.no: 5331165 or 10 local 108

Thanks to Camille from W@W for the info.

No comments:

Post a Comment