11 August 2010

Hizon's Detailing Meeting

For our vacation, I made sure that Doms and I will attend at least one detailing meeting with our caterer together. Last December, I had a food tasting but Doms was not with me. So, last 30 July 2010, I was so thrilled to go to our caterer's office because I was with Doms and with my whole family.

Our chosen caterer was Hizon's Catering because this catering company was well recommended by my friends and other family members. We also have a lot of first hand experiences with Hizon's so there's no point of looking for other caterers.

Chrissy Sajonia was our contact from Hizon's. She very nice! What I like about her is she replies to my emails. Being an overseas bride, I made sure that my chosen suppliers reply to my emails. Mind you I have a lot of questions! Makulit for short :)

Anyway, Chrissy started with the detailing meeting. I like her style because she has a lot of pictures to show me. She gave me discounts and she was there to give her advice about the wedding reception.

Here are the add-ons that we added for the wedding:
  • Added pink roses for the couples table and fermosa leaves in the couples gazeebo like the image below but our tablle runner is pink.
  • Added orchids for the PS tables and decided to get the rectangular table instead of round.
  • Additonal waiter for the PS and Couple's table.
  • 4 Scoopers for the buffet line.
  • Carving Station for the lechon that we will order from Lydia's or Elars.
  • Upgraded guest tables with Zen Sexy flower arrangement.
We also decided to get their package for kiddie meals and kiddie tables. I find this very good because I wouldn't want the kids to be seated in the guest tables eating "adult" food. I could add more guests instead of the kids. So far, we have 20 kids in our guest list and I really believe this is a great idea.

We also had a food tasting on that same day. We were presented with the buffet food that we chose intitally. Everything tasted great! My mom just gave the comment to Chrissy that the BBQ Chicken should be well-done.

We were there for about 2 hours and we were able to discuss majority of the stuff about the reception. We were really happy that we had the time to do this detailing meeting. I am now excited for our next and final meeting with them this November.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Im getting married in April 2011 and our caterer is also Hizons.

    I just would like to ask if you paid any additional charge for the additional waiter and 4 scoopers. How about the floral arrangements, were there any additional charge? Also, did you have a mock set-up with the AE?

    Thanks. I hope you could enlighten me on this matter so my fiance and I will know what to expect in our meeting.

    Selene

    ReplyDelete